Re: adding mail aliases to ldap problems

Adam Williams wrote:
hmmm, after looking thru things more...  I'm wondering
what version of openldap you are using?  Just wondering

The latest 2.0.x,  the schemas shouldn't have changed much.

why my schema files seem pretty much completely different
to yours?

? I didn't include my schema.

sorry, I just meant from your comments in that rfc822MailMember
and nisMailAlias are in my misc.schema and they are in your
nis.schema...

thanks for the info on dumping below, I'm going to try that
and see if I can get more info...

Cheers
Bill Dossett

The command for dumping the running schema is in my LDAP presentation ftp://kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/ldapv3.pdf

You may see it load, but you should check to see if something dastardly happened to it subsequently. You can also browse schema with GQ.

dn: cn=cisstaff,ou=ListAliases,ou=MailAliases,o=Morrison Industries,
c=US
cn: cisstaff
objectClass: nisMailAlias
objectClass: top