From: Giovanni Navarrette [mailto:gio@uslink.net]
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 14:35
To: Andrew Diederich; openLDAP (E-mail)
Subject: Re: Follow up: 2.1.4, solaris 8, fails to start

I'm pretty sure you've already done this..., but did you add an entry in
your /etc/hosts.allow for slapd?

root@ldapsrv-1:~# grep slapd /etc/hosts.allow
slapd: 127.0.0.1,XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (real IP there)
root@ldapsrv-1:~#

I had that same problem when I compiled with wrapper support. Beat my head
on that problem for 2 hours before it struck me. Without the slapd entry in
hosts.allow, the 'make test' wont even work. Gl hf:)

-
Giovanni Navarrette
USLink Internet Systems Administrator
e-Mail -- gio@uslink.net