back-sql and oracle and uid

Have people gotten actively involved in using back-sql to store LDAP data
in Oracle?  We're experimenting with that here at CMU, and I've run into
an odd problem.  Oracle 8.1 has reserved the word "uid", so I can't use it
as a column name in a table or as a "name" in ldap_attr_mappings.
I name my column "username" or something else, the LDAP query still puts
in "select username AS uid", and the "AS uid" makes the query fail.

Essentially, I can't have an LDAP attribute named "uid".

Has anyone else seen this or found a workaround?

  -Mark Adamson
   Carnegie Mellon