Re: Objectclass inheritance mechanism in queries doesn't seem to work (ITS#2053)

Le 2002-08-29 08:59 (jeudi), Kurt D. Zeilenga a écrit /
On 2002-08-29 08:59 (jeudi), Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote :
> A fix for this has been committed to the HEAD branch.

The fix is now in 2.1.5, thank you :-)
http://www.openldap.org/software/release/changes.html

But there are questions that still bothers me :
Didn't anybody in the OpenSource community use this aspect of the LDAP
object model before ? Was this feature implementation just missing from
the start of OpenLDAP ? Or was it working sometime in the past and it
stops working some time ago ?

To prevent future users to miss this object oriented feature, I suggest
to add some information about it in the OpenLDAP Administrator's Guide :
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin21/guide.html#Extending%20Schema

So the following paragraph could be added to the '8.2.5.2' section :

  « Thanks to the LDAP object model, since myPerson inherits from the
    inetOrgPerson object class, myPerson entries in an OpenLDAP directory
    can be returned from any (objectclass=inetOrgPerson) or even
    (objectclass=person) queries. »

Regards,

--
Marc-Aurèle DARCHE  <http://www.cynode.org/>