Re: OpenLDAP-SSL/TLS-IBMSecureWay?

"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:

> Sounds like the client doesn't like the certificate provided
> by the server...
>         Kurt

No, the problem was the change in OpenSSL for the empty fragment
problem.  I have it working under OpenSSL 0.9.6c (back from e) and
if I get it working with 0.9.6g with the "option" enabled I will
call it solved.  Meanwhile the guy who does SecureWays has a new
version for me to test...

I negate the suggestion by noting that the problem occured with
OpenLDAP 2.0.25 which does not check certificates, was also there
on a MacOSX 10.2 OpenLDAP, and we finally got an inkling of what
was happening when OpenSSL did something different between the
good and bad servers: when I opened s-client to 636 the good server
silently ate whatever I typed while the bad server quit after the
first line typed in.  See:

http://www.mail-archive.com/openssl-users%40openssl.org/msg27814.html

Re: problems with openssl 0.9.6d and up