Re: convert sql where to ldap filter?

Sandy Mustard writes:

Yes, that is correct. The system I'm working with uses a SQL where
clause as its request. I would like to query an LDAP implementation and
need to convert it to a filter.

Looks like I will have to develop it on my own.

Beware that LDAP filters are a very limited subset of SQL where
clauses (in fact, they are (negated) Attribute Value Assertions
(AVAs) or lists of AVAs under AND/OR relationship. The opposite
(mapping LDAP filters to SQL where clauses) is very easy: see
back-sql, but I also made a very simple and efficient one using
bison.

Pierangelo.

Dr. Pierangelo Masarati | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Dip. Ing. Aerospaziale | fax: +39 02 2399 8334
Politecnico di Milano | mailto:pierangelo.masarati@polimi.it
via La Masa 34, 20156 Milano, Italy | http://www.aero.polimi.it/~masarati