RE: slurpd and syslog

Should make a difference.  In servers/slurpd/globals.c, there's the
initialization:

int ldap_syslog = 0;

That will prevent usage of syslog.  What you say is true, but only for
slapd.  The code is initialized to prevent slurpd from writing to syslog.

Perhaps changing that line to assign 1 instead of 0 might work... then
again, might crash the thing.  Haven't tried it.
-Alan

Alan Sparks, UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator    <asparks@doublesparks.net>