RE: Problems with OpenLDAP 2.1.4 and Kerberos

Howard,

I'm attempting to connect to an Active Directory LDAP server using the
OpenLDAP software as a client. It works with basic authentication, but
my problem has been when attempting to use Kerberos.

I have this feeling that I'm missing something obvious. I just can seem
to see what's the problem. When looking through the archives, it appears
that others are at least asked for their identity when using the "-I"
flag. I'm not even being asked, just told I had an error...

I received following debug output when I specify the "-Y GSSAPI" flag:

abrock@web ~ 516 $ kinit
Password for abrock@CAMPUS.GEORGEFOX.EDU:
abrock@web ~ 517 $ ldapsearch -H ldap://ads01.campus.georgefox.edu/ -I
-b "OU=Staff,DC=campus,DC=georgefox,DC=edu" -d 255 -Y GSSAPI -LLL
"SAMAccountName=abrock"
ldap_create
ldap_url_parse_ext(ldap://ads01.campus.georgefox.edu/)
ldap_interactive_sasl_bind_s: user selected: GSSAPI
ldap_int_sasl_bind: GSSAPI
ldap_new_connection
ldap_int_open_connection
ldap_connect_to_host: TCP ads01.campus.georgefox.edu:389
ldap_new_socket: 4
ldap_prepare_socket: 4
ldap_connect_to_host: Trying XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:389
ldap_connect_timeout: fd: 4 tm: -1 async: 0
ldap_ndelay_on: 4
ldap_is_sock_ready: 4
ldap_ndelay_off: 4
ldap_perror
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Local error (82)
abrock@web ~ 518 $

Tony

Anthony Brock
Director of Network Services