nisDomain not a structural object class? (Or, fun with Solaris 8)

I have been attempting to get OpenLDAP running on a Solaris 8 machine for the purposes of centralized user management (right now my company copies password and shadow files between systems, YUCK!), and I've been butting my head against what appears to be a brick wall.  I have consulted the following pages:

http://www.ucf.ics.uci.edu/~jerenk/solaris8_ldap.html
http://www.ypass.net/solaris8/openldap/introtoldap.html
http://www.bolthole.com/solaris/LDAP.html

And all of them say that a first, necessary step, is adding a nisDomain object to your LDAP server's top level.  I've tried adding the following LDIF:

dn: dc=mycompany,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: nisDomainObject
dc: mycompany
nisDomain: mycompany.com

And slapadd stubbornly gives me the following error message:

slapadd: dn="dc=mycompany,dc=com" (line=7): no structural object classes provided

The relevant entry from my solaris.schema:

attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.42.1.1.12 SUP name
        NAME 'nisDomain' )

# Sun NIS domain objectclass
objectclass ( 1.3.1.6.1.1.1.2.15
        NAME 'nisDomainObject'
        DESC 'nisDomainObject'
        SUP top AUXILIARY
        MUST ( nisDomain ) )

And finally, relevant information about the software versions:
OpenLDAP-2.1.4
Cyrus SASL 2.1.7
SleepyCat DB 4.0.14
OpenSSL 0.9.6c

Is my schema just hosed?  Should there be a 'STRUCTURAL' in there?  Do I need a patch for OpenLDAP?

Thanks in advance.

-R
--
...Robert Liesenfeld