back-sql

Hi,

I'm just trying to use openldap in connection with mysql, that is
using back-sql.

Version are:

openldap-2.1.4
MyODBC-2.50.39
unixODBC-2.1.1

Checking the examples unter ..../rdbms_depend/mysql there where
three problems, one is left.

First problem was a missing attribute "documentDN" within the schema
definition which has been used within the mysql tables. Just
deleting the line within the database was okay since it is obviously
not used.

Second problem was that in addition to the manpage a column called
"sel_expr_u" is used within the standard "at_query". Adding this
column to the table helped (stating the "at_query" without this
column within slapd.conf should also work).

Third problem is: if I do any search within the ldap I get nothing
back. Since slapd -d 5 did not show up any errors or problems,
examining the mysql-logfile revealed an interesting detail:

any sql-query showed similar:

SELECT DISTINCT ldap_entries.id,persons.id,'inetOrgPerson' AS
objectClass,ldap_entries.dn AS dn FROM ldap_entries,persons WHERE
persons.id=ldap_entries.keyval AND ldap_entries.oc_map_id=1 AND
ldap_entries.dn LIKE CONCAT('%','UR=C,LQS=O%') AND NOT
('inetOrgPerson' IS NULL)

I assume that the string "LIKE CONCAT('%','UR=C,LQS=O%')" ist not
correct. Changing it to "LIKE CONCAT('%','O=SQL,C=RU%')" works
within mysql properly.

Does anybody know wether this might be a configuration problem or
could it be a source problem (openldap | unixODBC | MySQLODBC)?

Uwe

Uwe Hering                      uwe.hering@suse.de
SuSE Linux AG                   phone   +49-30-43 09 44 776
Berliner Straße 27              mobile  +49-179-46 79 78 4
D-13507 Berlin                  fax     +49-30-43 73 28 04