Re: samba and openldap configuration

Bill Dossett wrote:
Hi,

I'm working my way thru configuring samba to use openldap
and seem to have hit upon a weird problem quite near the
start.

I'm not sure if it's better to ask on the samba list or the ldap
list but thought I'd try here first to see if anyone has seen this
error message.

I'm following the document samba-ldap-howto on samba.org
and it says to include:

include /etc/openldap/schema/samba.schema

in my slapd.conf which I have done.  I have copied
the samba.schema to this location as well.

When I restarted ldap, it complains:

/etc/openldap/schema/samba.schema: line 147: AttributeType not found: "uidNumber"

Perhaps this is a bit OT for this list, try the samba-tecnnical.

However, I think you missed some include line in the slapd.conf required by samba: schema/nis.schema perhaps.

Ignacio

Ignacio Coupeau, Ph.D.     e-mail: icoupeau@unav.es
CTI, Director              fax:    948 425619
University of Navarra      voice:  948 425600
Pamplona, SPAIN            http://www.unav.es/cti/