Re: Fail over

Today at 12:48pm, Kristyan Osborne wrote:

> I want to make my ldap server redundant so that if it fails another
> one could take over with no or very little down time.
>
> Could someone explain to me how to do this or point me to some
> documentation.

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/esdd/articles/linux_clust/

has an overview of using slurpd in a master-slave setup which allows the
slave to take over as the master should the master fail.  Migration back
to the real master is done via a manual process.

Systems Programmer              | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
                    === God Bless Us All ===