Von: Giovanni Navarrette [mailto:gio@uslink.net]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 10. September 2002 17:27
An: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Betreff: Solaris authentication errors...

Heya everyone:

Got a quick question. I'm tryin to get openldap-v2.1.4 to be a base for user
authentication, but I cannot get CRYPT passwords to work utilizing LDAP. If
I start the server with full debugging on, I see this at the end when slapd
fails to start...

-
line 54 (password-hash          {CRYPT})
/usr/local/openldap-v2.1.4/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 54: password scheme
"{CRYPT}" not available
slapd shutdown: freeing system resources.
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.
-

If I change that line to something like {MD5}, it works fine. I notice as
well that I cannot use the slappasswd utility to generate CRYPT
passwords..., I'm about to recompile and see if I maybe missed an option...,
but does anyone have an idea on this one?

Thanks for ya time and help, have a g'day.

-
Giovanni Navarrette
USLink Internet Systems Administrator
e-Mail -- gio@uslink.net