RE: POSIX threads - pthread.h problem with configure on Solaris 7

The first thing you should have done is look at config.log and see what error
messages were produced by each of the failed configure tests that tried all
the different linking variations. This would tell you why the tests actually
failed. It's always easier to come up with a solution when you actually know
what the problem is.

  -- Howard Chu