Re: remote searches

--On Saturday, September 07, 2002 9:08 PM -0700 "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> wrote:

At 08:22 PM 2002-09-07, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
Do I also need to set up an ldap.conf file on the machine(s) from where
I am doing searches?

LDAP tools read ldap.conf(5) files through the file system on which they run. The tools don't care whether ldap.conf(5) files are local or remote, they just access it as they would any other file.

Kurt

Okay, then I'm completely lost. ldap.conf exists on the machine which it is querying (ldap3). Running a query on ldap3 using the same conf file works fine. So why doesn't it work when I'm running the query from a different machine if it doesn't care where ldap.conf is located?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Senior Systems Administrator