Re: OpenLDAP Search bug?

Banzaitron writes:

I have done a little more research on this problem (found in the email
below) and have found a few more interesting notes...

I tried rebuilding the entire database with the following indices:
index ou,o eq
index uid,myorgdn,myorgroot,myorgsn eq
index objectclass eq

I am still seeing a 4 second delay in the middle of receiving search result
data from the openldap, right before the last 14 bytes are sent (why is it
always 14 bytes?).

Search result? The time spent between returning entries
and search results might be due to looping thru entries
that don't match the filter (if your filter doesn't uses
indices).

Pierangelo.

Dr. Pierangelo Masarati | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Dip. Ing. Aerospaziale | fax: +39 02 2399 8334
Politecnico di Milano | mailto:pierangelo.masarati@polimi.it
via La Masa 34, 20156 Milano, Italy | http://www.aero.polimi.it/~masarati