Re: AW: AW: Noob configuration issues

tor, 2002-09-05 kl. 16:14 skrev Tarassov Vadim:

> Sorry, Tony, what you wrote is a bit cryptic for me.

No problem. We'll just take 2 steps (this is being CCed to the list, by
the way):

1: You report that slapd is not running. You give as examples that there
is nothing in your log, plus that you can't run client applicatons, plus
that ps does not show any active slapd process.

2. So, as root, you attempt to start slapd from a console by entering:

'/usr/local/libexec/slapd'

What happens on your screen? What does slapd tell you about why it's not
starting? Or does it start?

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

The usefulness of RTFM is vastly overrated.

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:	http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:	(+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:		(+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981