Very Basic Question

Hopefully anyway but after some time trying time to ask the experts .

I'm running an openldap server version 2.1.4 on RedHat Linux 7.3 , with
nss_ldap .Users and passwords on linux boxes are functioning correctly but
when I try to setup a client on Solaris 8 it appears to be unable to read
the passwd entry . getent passwd user has nothing in the passwd field .
Other schema's (hosts, services etc) are returned with no issues .

Thanks in advance
LOGICSCOPE REALISATIONS LTD, 64 Great Eastern St, London EC2A 3QR

The information contained in this document is intended only for the
addressee.It may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material.You
may not review, retransmit, disseminate, publish or otherwise use or rely on
the information in this document unless you are its intended recipient.If
you have received this document in error, Please contact the sender and
delete all copies of this material.