Cannot install openLDAP with gdbm

Hi,

I am installing the openLDAP v 2.1.4  and using gdbm for DB instead of Bearkey DB etc..
I receive following error when O run configure:
$ ./configure --with-ldbm-api=gdbm
[snip]
checking for db.h... yes
checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb4)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb)... yes
checking for Berkeley DB thread support... yes
checking Berkeley DB version for BDB backend... no
configure: error: BDB: BerkeleyDB version incompatible
I have installed gdbm-1.8.0 previously with the command ;
$ rpm -ivh gdbm-1.8.0-5.src.rpm
$ls /usr/lib/libgdbm.*
/usr/lib/libgdbm.a   /usr/lib/libgdbm.so    /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.2.0.0
/usr/lib/libgdbm.la  /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.2
$rpm -q gdbm
gdbm-1.8.0-5

Please let me if there is any problem and how to overcome this.

Thanks in advance,
Mahavir

whatsoever is strictly prohibited.