Re: ldapadd won't add entry via SASL/DIGEST-MD5

I was able to get the sasl sample server and client
software working, but was not really sure how to then
test them against the ldap service (unless it was just
"-s ldap").

I decided to open up the verboseness of ldapadd and
believe I've discovered what the fundamental problem
may be.  It seems that ldapadd is trying to
authenticate against the server's FQDN as the realm,
which is not associated with any of the users in the
sasldb.  I tried specifying the authcid (-U) and
authzid (-X) (i.e., root@localhost), but could never
get ldapadd to supply the correct realm information.
I am able to add ldap entries using simple
authentication, but still no sasl.

Any idea how I might be able to force ldapadd to use
the user specific realm information (i.e., localhost)?

Respectfully,

Gary