Global Address Book

I've got authentication based on LDAP working and I've got SSL/TLS working also.

Thing is that there are two major things that LDAP is used for and the other is as a global directory service.
I would feel like I was missing out if I didn't try both. ;-) I've not had much luck so far in getting this to fly.
Gimme a hand with this and I'll see that it goes into the FAQ-O-Matic. It doesn't currently seem to be there.

Browseing in GQ shows that I have the following basic structure:

dc=microverse,dc=net

-----ou=People
-----ou=RPC
-----ou=Group
-----ou=Networks
-----nisMapName=netgroup.byhost
-----nisMapName=netgroup.byhost
-----ou=Netgroup
-----ou=Hosts
-----ou=Services
-----ou=Mounts
-----ou=Aliases
-----ou=Protocols
-----ou=proxyuser

Note that the proxy user is not currently in use. I am doing things over TLS/SSL and using anonymous binds.
I haven't disallowed cleartext communications yet though, because I am still experimenting.

My slapd.conf has the following schema arrangement:

   include /usr/share/openldap/schema/core.schema
   include /usr/share/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
   include /usr/share/openldap/schema/corba.schema
   include /usr/share/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
   include /usr/share/openldap/schema/java.schema
   include /usr/share/openldap/schema/krb5-kdc.schema
   include /usr/share/openldap/schema/kerberosobject.schema
   include /usr/share/openldap/schema/misc.schema
   include /usr/share/openldap/schema/nis.schema
   include /usr/share/openldap/schema/openldap.schema
   #include /usr/share/openldap/schema/rfc822-MailMember.schema
   #include /usr/share/openldap/schema/pilot.schema
   #include /usr/share/openldap/schema/autofs.schema
   #include /usr/share/openldap/schema/samba.schema
   #include /usr/share/openldap/schema/qmail.schema
   #include /usr/share/openldap/schema/mull.schema
   include /usr/share/openldap/schema/netscape-profile.schema
   #include /usr/share/openldap/schema/trust.schema
   #include /usr/share/openldap/schema/dns.schema
   #include /usr/share/openldap/schema/cron.schema
   include /etc/openldap/schema/local.schema

/etc/openldap/schema/local.schema is currently empty.

So far I've created an ldif from a fake user in my Mozilla Address book.
I did this so that I could view the exported ldif which looks like this:

   dn: cn=John Test, mail=testuser@testdomain.com
   objectclass: top
   objectclass: person
   objectclass: organizationalPerson
   objectclass: inetOrgPerson
   givenName: John
   sn: Test
   cn: John Test
   xmozillanickname: JT
   mail: testuser@testdomain.com
   xmozillausehtmlmail: false
   modifytimestamp: 0Z
   telehoneNumber: 123-456-7890
   homePhone: 123-456-7890
   facsimileTelephoneNumber: 123-456-7890
   pager: 123-456-7890
   mobile: 123-456-7890
   homePostalAddress: 7979 Toad Rd. #1
   postalAddress: 123 Quantum Driver #5
   l: Dallas
   st: Maine
   postalCode: 12345
   c: BDR
   title: Mr. Mr.
   ou: Department of Fiscal Obfuscation
   o: Chaos Inc.
   homeurl: http://www.nowheresvill.net
   workurl: http://www.nowheresvill.net
   custom1: Other Custom1
   custom2: Other Custom2
   custom3: Other Custom3
   custom4: Other Custom4

... and so the question is "Where do I go from here?"
I obviously need to insert the information but where is a good place and how should I go about doing it?
I could put it under "dc=microverse,dc=net" I've also considered putting it under the user information so that
each user could have his or her own individual address book. I could also create a new top level entry
called "dc=Addressbook" or something. If it is just a matter of preference then I still could use a clue
as to how to go about doing this insertion.