RE: database ldbm problem

Good day,

> If the RPM doesn't have it, no good way I know of... I'm no
> expert in RPM
> rebuilding tho.  Install the source RPM, tweak the spec file,
> and build,
> maybe.  Easier to go to a source tarball it might seem.
> -Alan

That's precisely the procedure that one would use, actually. =)

Red Hat's RPMs use ldbm by default, IIRC, so I presume this user is using
someone else's.  But yes, add "--enable-ldbm" to the configure line in the
spec file and --rebuild.  The RPM may even have a macro defined that changes
which database type is used.

Darren Gamble
Planner, Regional Services
Shaw Cablesystems GP