From: Jesper Dalberg [mailto:dalberg@cybercity.dk]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 6:31 AM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Index repair after power outage

Hiyas,
We got a huge amount of entries in our openldap setup, and after an
unfortunate power outage, som of the entries seem to be "ghosting", not
there on ldapsearch but there when u try to add them. That leads me to
believe the the index files have been corrupted somehow. We tried to rebuild
using slapindex, but with no luck.
What do I do? Slapcat and import? That wont bring back the "ghosting"
entries, but it will probably clean up the indexes. Only downside is that we
have 1,4 mio. entries (!)
/Jesper Dalberg