RE: "no structuralObjectClass operational attribute" ?

At 07:18 AM 2002-08-27, Darren Gamble wrote:
>I certainly don't see anything wrong with that entry.  Works with slapadd,
>not with ldapadd.  I should reiterate that I can add _nothing_ with
>ldapadd/ldapmodify.  No entries at all.  And I've tried lots of different
>objectclasses and records, including very simple ones that only used a
>predefined structural objectclass.  I always get the same error message.

I couldn't duplicate this problem.  There have been
a few changes to HEAD lately which relate to this
problem.  1) the result code and message associated
with the condition have been changed; 2) the
condition should be reported for both slapadd(8)
and ldapadd(1); 3) additional error conditions are
detected and reported.

Suggest you try modifying test-ordered.ldif such
that test002 reproduces the error.  Then update to
latest HEAD to see if the condition still causes
an error to be returned.

Kurt