Re: OpenLDAPaci not allowed in user-defined object classes

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

> At 07:49 AM 2002-08-27, Michael Weiser wrote:
> >objectClass ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.4203.1.4.50 NAME 'htwkPerson'
> >        DESC 'HTWK Person'
> >        SUP inetOrgPerson
> >        MUST ( userPassword $ htwkStatus )
> >        MAY ( htwkMailingLists $ OpenLDAPaci ))
> >
> >( I know, I've used OIDs of the OpenLDAP OID namespace but the directory's
> >only for internal, experimental use. )
> Then you should know not to do that.  There is plenty of
> OID name space reserved for private, experimental use.
> For example, 1.1.x is dead namespace so can be used
> privately and experimentally without harm to anyone.
I'm very sorry about my ignorance but I wouldn't exactly call that whole
OID thing well documented. I remeber doing several hours of RTFM and STFW
when I first started writing my own schema entries without very much more
success than knowing that *companies* can apply for one. Since I'm a
private person I chose to concentrate on getting it to work first before
going through all that, not even knowing whether I'll use the whole thing
in the end. And call me an idiot but I didn't know that there is a
reserved OID space.

> And, of course, it only takes one e-mail and a few days
> to get your own OID.
In the works now.

> Rest of you message ignored... I don't support hijackers.
Good grief. Thanks for your response anyway.
--
bye, Micha