Re: encoding problems

At 11:34 AM 2002-08-22, Dieter Kluenter wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Raffaele Sandrini <rasa@gmx.ch> writes:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a problem searching with queries containing a ":".
>[...]
>> I use the Net::LDAP Perl module to access the tree and had no problems till
>> now but if i try to search for fields wich sotre a such Hardware address (and
>> i enter a correct filter like: filter => "(myHWaddr=00:56:45:87:98:65)" ) i
>> get 0 results but there must be some.
>>
>> I assume that OpenLDAP has problems with the colon (":") because all my other
>> queries work. So is there a method to have a 100% chance to correct
>> encapsulate characters wich OpenLDAP interprets as something else?
>
>See RFC2849 The LDAP Data Interchange Format (LDIF)
>you could make use of base64 encoding.

I don't see this reference as being relevant to Raffaele's
problem... since a search request cannot be expressed by
LDIF.

Raffaele is expecting entries to match the assertion but the
assertion is being evaluated to False or Undefined.  Given
Raffaele is using custom schema, that's likely where the
problem is.

Kurt