openldap-2.0.23 mirror/multimaster neverending updates

Hi, I've managed to setup two openldap server on different machines that
update each other depending on what server received an update request.
The result should be a HA-solution where it doesn't matter if one of the
servers go down. It works. They do update each other.
But when one server updates the other, the other server recognizes the
update and tries to update the first server again!
So they never stop updating each other with the same info. How can i make
this behaviour stop?
 I don't want openldap trying to update a source that is already updated.
Maybe there is some timestamp info that this can be used for?
-Olle Westman