Re: Change over to anonymous binds

Rather than doing this, can I just add another certificate to the certificate file that has the correct settings or turn off ssl for just the cleint on the server? The problem is that my server is also my gateway and I need an actual name daemon on it. Every time I try to replace the localhost IP of the server with the FQDN I get all kinds of trouble. It will spontaneously drop to runlevel 3 on bootup for example or take several minutes to log anyone in. I've tried various means of testing this but all indications are that DNS is configured correctly.

Also, I cannot seem to make permanent alterations to the resolv.conf file. Every time I reboot it, it just goes back to what it was previously. I've even tried changeing settings in various files under /etc/sysconfig. No dice.