Re: replication from more then 1 database

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Harry [iso-8859-1] RЭter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as far as i know, you can have only one
> replogfile, which handles all replicas ..
>
> Look into admin-guide ..
Yes, it works, even in the replog file I have everything Ok, but
slurpd duplicates each entry, it looks very strange, I have two the same
entries with the same mesgid, absolutely the same everything!
I do replication from 2 "databases" to one server, I use one replog file,
but on the slave server I receive each entry duplicated.

Can anybody suggest?

And does somebody knows about changes in 2.1.3 working with "alias" ?
I try to migrate from 2.0.25 to 2.1.3 and have the following error from
slapadd -

slapadd: dn="uid=nuc,cn=div,ou=sales,dc=company,dc=com" (line=813):
invalid structural object class chain (companyAlias/alias)

where this object defined as:

dn: uid=nuc,cn=div,ou=sales,dc=company,dc=com
objectClass: companyAlias
objectClass: alias
aliasedObjectName: gn=nuc,ou=people,dc=company,dc=com
uid: nuc

and in the local.schema -

objectclass (1.3.6.1.4.1.12049.1.1.30 NAME 'companyAlias'
    SUP top STRUCTURAL
    DESC 'customer  object'
    MUST uid )

And does somebody know why in the openldap 2.1.3 core.schema attribute
aliasedObjectName and class object are commented out?

> greets Harry
>
> "Gregory G. Vovk" wrote:
> >
> > Hello!
> > I have such configuration in a slapd.conf -
> >
> > -----------------------
> > database    ldbm
> > suffix      "ou=ou1,dc=company,dc=com"
> > rootdn      "cn=Manager,dc=company,dc=com"
> > directory   /var/openldap-ldbm/ou1
> >
> > replica     host=myslavehost:390
> >             bindmethod=simple
> >             binddn="cn=Manager,ou=history,dc=company,dc=com"
> >             credentials=***
> >
> > replogfile  /usr/local/openldap/var/openldap-slurp/ou1.ldif
> >
> > database    ldbm
> > suffix      "dc=company,dc=com"
> > rootdn      "cn=Manager,dc=company,dc=com"
> > rootpw      ***
> > directory   /var/openldap-ldbm/main
> >
> > replica     host=myslavehost:390
> >             bindmethod=simple
> >             binddn="cn=Manager,ou=history,dc=company,dc=com"
> >             credentials=***
> >
> > replogfile  /usr/local/openldap/var/openldap-slurp/main.ldif
> > ---------------------
> >
> > After that I start slurpd -d -1
> > everything is seems to be Ok, but!
> > slurpd works with ou1.ldif only!!!
> > I see in the output of slurpd -
> >
> > Config: ** configuration file successfully read and parsed
> > No status file found, defaulting values
> > new work in /usr/local/openldap/var/openldap-slurp/ou1.ldif
> > copy replog "/usr/local/openldap/var/openldap-slurp/ou1.ldif" to
> > "/usr/local/openldap/var/openldap-slurp/replica/slurpd.replog"
> >
> > And there are nothing about main.ldif!!!
> > slurpd does not want to work with main.ldif
> >
> > Can anybody help?
> >
> > Gregory G. Vovk
> > Any opinions in this posting are my own and not those of my present
> > or previous employers.

Gregory G. Vovk
or previous employers.