RE: berkeley db max filesize

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Howard Chu wrote:

> This is mainly a Berkeley-specific question:
> http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/ref/am_misc/dbsizes.html
>
> The default page size used by libldbm is 4096 bytes, which gives you 2^44
> (16 terabytes) as the maximum database size. If you need more, you can
> redefine the DEFAULT_DB_PAGE_SIZE macro and recompile libldbm. I doubt
> that you'll need to do this any time soon.

Right, looking at the source I see the page size (I was thinking
it was the berk db default of 32k maybe?).  I wanted confirmation that the
2G problem won't be a problem user the berkeley db.  I had looked at their
dbsizes table, but didn't know if there was anything internal to openldap
to cause problems.

Thanks again and Regards
James

--
James Bourne, Supervisor Data Centre Operations
Mount Royal College, Calgary, AB, CA
www.mtroyal.ab.ca

addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged
information. Please contact the sender immediately if you are not the
intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or
take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or

"There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who
understand binary and those who don't."