Re: LDAP & MYSQL is it possible?

> Is it possible to make OpenLdap work with Mysql instead of Berkeley DB?
> Has anyone tried it?

Yes, it is called back-sql.  It is useful for presenting Data from an RDBMS to
LDAP clints but shouldn't be used as your primary repository.  If you don't need
to present data from non-ldap applications you should use the ldbm backend.  I
know some people have an irrational addiction to MySQL and use it for
everything: system authentication, etc...  but there is really no advantage;
just slower with way more overhead and potentially serious security implications.

I have a partial back-sql section in my LDAP presentation -

ftp://kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/ldapv3.pdf

back-sql documentation tends to be rather wanting.