From: Howard Chu [mailto:hyc@symas.com]
Sent: 13 August 2002 10:38
To: Andrew Findlay; White, Jonathan
Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: RE: Problem using ldap_search_s to get attributeTypes

The subschemaSubentry is an operational attribute and OpenLDAP, per the LDAP spec, does not return operational attributes unless they are explicitly requested. You can use the '+' attribute wildcard to request all operational attributes. If you just use the search commands given below with no attributes specified, you will get a fairly uninteresting rootDSE entry returned and no subschemasubentry info.

  -- Howard Chu
  Chief Architect, Symas Corp.       Director, Highland Sun
  http://www.symas.com               http://highlandsun.com/hyc