RE: Install Make Test Errors

Kurt:

RE: openldap-2.0.23   Solaris 8

Thank you. I was able to get past the error regarding the port. I edited the define.sh file and changed the port with which
it is making the connection.

I now however have another confusing error. I have listed the output of the make test below. The confusion I have is that when reviewing the Makefile in the tests directory I find that the symbolic link that is created appears to create a loop which isn't allowing entry into the data directory.

Here is the error I get when attempting to cd into this directory:

pooh:/usr/local/src/openldap-2.0.23/tests# cd data
bash: cd: data: Number of symbolic links encountered during path name traversal exceeds MAXSYMLINKS

cd tests; make test
Initiating LDAP tests for LDBM...
running defines.sh . ldbm
Datadir is ./data
Cleaning up in ./test-db...
Starting slapd on TCP/IP port 389...
Using ldapsearch to retrieve all the entries...
./scripts/test000-rootdse: kill: no such process

running defines.sh . ldbm
Datadir is ./data
Cleaning up in ./test-db...
Running slapadd to build slapd database...
./data/test.ldif: Number of symbolic links encountered during path name traversal exceeds MAXSYMLINKS
slapadd failed (1)!
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `test-ldbm'
Current working directory /usr/local/src/openldap-2.0.23/tests
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `test'

Thanks,

Lauri-