Re: Setting up OpenLDAP SSL, client and server

On the topic of clear text passwords your article states:

"If Samba is installed on a machine using nss_ldap and pam_ldap it will of course use them, so networks running SMB with cleartext passwords may not need to do more than that. There are advantages to the PDC model though, so Samba's move to closer integration with LDAP is particularly welcome."

Can one implement Samba *without* havine clear text passwords transmitted from either Windoz or Samba?
I really hate clear text passwords and I feel I have good reason to. ;)