Re: What is ldap.h?

Hello,

ldap.h is a part of OpenLDAP, and is the 'main' header file. You're
supposed to have it (It's a part of openldap as I said). I don't know
FreeBSD's packaging system, but if it was RedHat (or some other RPMed
distro)- you could install only the ldap libraries & binaries from
'libldap2' package, and if you wanted to compile ldap-related stuff, you
had to install 'libldap2-devel', which installs the headers, among other
things.

Anyway if you'll compile the source-tarball by yourself, you'll get the
headers installed for sure.

- Oren