Re: Interesting LDAP replication scenario

What you want is "multi-master replication" which I believe is supported
by AD.

I haven't done OpenLDAP in a while, but I think you may be able to set
conditions on what entries are replicated to what servers.  You could
then say, that for entries that match a certain pattern, you send
updates to the central master server.

The most straightforward way to do this may be to simply regard the
different districts, with their seperate namespaces, as part of
different LDAP database sets, which get replicated to different slave
servers.  A given LDAP server is master for its district, and slave for
other districts.

--
http://dannyman.toldme.com/