Re: Newbie question / defining directory values

Chad Day wrote:

I don't understand how to define what values I want to keep track of.

In LDAP, I want to have records for Password, city, state, zip, etc.  I'm
unsure of where/how in slapd.conf this goes.. my attempts to try to figure
it so far have led to slapd not starting each time I make a change, as I'm
not doing it correctly.. can someone help me out or post a sample slapd.conf
file with custom fields and such?

Thanks,
Chad

A series of articles that helped me when I was getting know LDAP can be found at the Linux Journal web-site. Look for Marcel Gagne's series of articles "*You Can Get There from Here*" parts 3-5.

Mike F.