RE: ldapsearch returns dreaded 'no such object'

On Jul 29 at 4:24pm, Bert Hughes wrote:

> One beginner to another-
>
> Try using ldapadd instead of slapadd - I had similar problem; slapadd
> appeared to insert everything, ldapsearch reprted 'no such object'.  Got the
> LDIF file loaded using ldapadd however.  Have no idea where slapadd put
> those records..

If it was the same "problem" I had, slapadd put them exactly where they
should have been, but the files are not owned by the correct userid.
Make sure the database files are owned by the userid that slapd runs as.

> Bert

Systems Programmer              | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
                    === God Bless Us All ===