Re: AW: modifyTimestamp

You have to specifically request the "modifyTimestamp" attribute to be
returned.  It is considered an "operational" attribute and is not returned
unless you specifically request it.  You must also have the appropriate
permission to view the attribute.

In OpenLDAP, you can ask for "+" to fetch all the operational attributes
for an entry.  That would look something like this:

    ldapsearch -LLL -W -D "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com" -b
    "cn=Christoph,ou=People,dc=dexample,dc=com" "(objectClass=*)" '+'

Or just ask for the "modifyTimestamp" attribute by name.  The "+" is
similar in concept to the "*" which returns all the non-operational
attributes.

- Christoph