(fixed) Re: nss not resolving group id's

> Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> >
> > > For some reason ldap is not resolving a gidNumber to a gid.
> > >
> > > # www, Groups, Domain, edu
> > > dn: cn=www,ou=Groups,dc=Domain,dc=edu
> > > objectClass: posixGroup
> > > objectClass: top
> > > cn: www
> > > gidNumber: 103
> > > memberUid: user1
> > > memberUid: userX
> >
> > Looks ok to me. Stupid question perhaps, but you DO have
> >
> >         group:          files ldap
> >
> > in /etc/nsswitch.conf? And the searchbase is correctly set in
> > /etc/libnss-ldap.conf? Do you have the libnss-ldap module installed?

Everything is great now.  I found a typo in ldap.conf

"Group" should of been "Groups"...

But something to note.  When I did an "id" on someone it would now show
all the groups they were in, but it still did not reslove to the correct
name!  I kept on poking around and finally stumbelled upon nscd.  I
restarted it, and everything started resolving names.

Thanks guys,

Caylan