Re: nss not resolving group id's

Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

> > For some reason ldap is not resolving a gidNumber to a gid.
> >
> > # www, Groups, Domain, edu
> > dn: cn=www,ou=Groups,dc=Domain,dc=edu
> > objectClass: posixGroup
> > objectClass: top
> > cn: www
> > gidNumber: 103
> > memberUid: user1
> > memberUid: userX
>
> Looks ok to me. Stupid question perhaps, but you DO have
>
>         group:          files ldap
>
> in /etc/nsswitch.conf? And the searchbase is correctly set in
> /etc/libnss-ldap.conf? Do you have the libnss-ldap module installed?

What do you get from
ldapsearch -x '(&(gidNumber=103)(objectClass=posixGroup))'
?

Are you using GDBM as your back-end database?  I've had problems with
GDBM and index corruption.  Try stopping ldap, running "slapindex", then
restarting ldap.  Also make sure all the back-end files are owned by the
correct user.
John