Re: Cannot install OpenLDAP with BerkeleyDB 4.0.14? Help

Hi,

Yijun Wang wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  I am installing OpenLDAP, environment:
>
> Redhat 7.3
> OpenLDAP 2.0.25
> BerkeleyDB 4.0.14
>
> First I successfully installed BerkeleyDB.
> Then I run ./configure under folder openldap and it always stop. The last
> messages are:
>
> checking for thread specific errno... yes
> checking for thread specific h_errno... yes
> checking for db.h... no
> checking for db... no
> checking for GDBM library... checking for gdbm_open... no
> checking for gdbm_open in -lgdbm... no
> no
> checking for mdbm.h... no
> checking for db... no
> checking for GDBM library... checking for gdbm_open... no
> checking for gdbm_open in -lgdbm... no
> no
> checking for gdbm.h... no
> checking for db... no
> configure: warning: could not find suitable LDBM backend
> configure: error: select appropriate LDBM options or disable
>
> It seems that the configure cannot find the BerkeleyDB. How to solve this
> problem?

Try something like this (before you conigure/make :

export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/berkeleydb4/include"
export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/berkeleydb4/lib"

Your path to  BerkeleyDB 4.0.14 will be another,
so this is just an example ...

> Thanks very much.
>
> Nick

greets Harry