	From: Frank Swasey [mailto:Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu]
	Sent: Tue 7/16/2002 3:17 PM
	To: Venkataraman, Jeeva
	Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
	Subject: RE: LDAP Replication:

	Today at 12:46pm, Venkataraman, Jeeva wrote:

	> Precisely. I managed to start slurpd sucessfully with out any
	> complaints and te process running. But I dont see logs at the place
	> where my 'replogfile' directive is pointing. Is there any other way to
	> test this?

	- Did the 'replogfile' exist before slapd was started?
	- Does the userid slapd is running as have write access to the file?
	- Is the information that you have changed on the master properly
	    entered into the slave server?
	- Has slurpd created a .rej file?

	> I have a web server as a clinet to the LDAP server, which reports me
	> that its not able to access the master ldap server, if i kill the
	> master slapd. I assumed slurpd would have redirected the request from
	> the client to the slave slapd.

	slurpd has absolutely nothing to do with client failover to a second
	server.  That is controlled by the ldap.conf file on the client machine.

	Systems Programmer              | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
	                    === God Bless Us All ===