RE: LDAP Replication:

Today at 12:46pm, Venkataraman, Jeeva wrote:

> Precisely. I managed to start slurpd sucessfully with out any
> complaints and te process running. But I dont see logs at the place
> where my 'replogfile' directive is pointing. Is there any other way to
> test this?

- Did the 'replogfile' exist before slapd was started?
- Does the userid slapd is running as have write access to the file?
- Is the information that you have changed on the master properly
    entered into the slave server?
- Has slurpd created a .rej file?

> I have a web server as a clinet to the LDAP server, which reports me
> that its not able to access the master ldap server, if i kill the
> master slapd. I assumed slurpd would have redirected the request from
> the client to the slave slapd.

slurpd has absolutely nothing to do with client failover to a second
server.  That is controlled by the ldap.conf file on the client machine.

Systems Programmer              | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
                    === God Bless Us All ===