Re: pam ldap help - answer

On Sunday, July 14, 2002, at 10:40 AM, Tony Earnshaw wrote:

søn, 2002-07-14 kl. 17:52 skrev Geoff Silver:

While some people don't feel this is the place for help configuring
pam/nss with LDAP support, well, I've done it, and it's easy, so here it
goes. As always, YMMV. If you get stuck, the padl.com lists *are* the
best places for help, but there seem to be enough people trying to do this
here that this may be of use.

Effing *brilliant*.

Now RedHat 7.2. What you write is useless for me.

As root (or via sudo):

1. Install: '/usr/sbin/up2date-nox nss-ldap'

2. Configure: '/usr/sbin/authconfig'. Check "Use LDAP" and fill in the Server and Base DN fields on the first page; on the next page, check "Use Shadow Passwords," "Use MD5 Passwords," "Use LDAP Authentication" (Server and Base DN should already be filled from the first page).

3. Press OK and go about your business (make sure that any users moved to LDAP are completely removed from /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow and /etc/group).

That's as complex as I've gotten w/ our intranet, and it works like a champ.

pg