How do I dynamically change "string" value of attribute modified or added to slapd?

I have the following problem.
Mail server CommuniGatePRO puts user attributes to LDAP server slapd. It sends crypt password in form UserPassword \002<encoded paswords>. However, other programs like PAM modules, expect pasword in form {crypt}<encoded password>. What I need is to replace string \002 (slapd interprets it as 02 hex) with {crypt}. The process must be dynamical, i.e. it must be replaced while it is added or modified.
Sincerely, yours,
Marian Mihok