RE: First steps with PAM + LDAP

> 	I'm forwarding my /etc/pam.d/ssh, login and passwd and
> my /etc/pam_ldap.conf and nsswitch.conf and libnss-ldap.conf.

You should try to copy your /etc/pam.d/ssh in /etc/pam.d/sshd. The LDAP
authentication should work.
I don't know the name of the file which is used by the login daemon but I'm
interested if you have it.

> 	$~ su - jorge
> Password:
> su: Authentication service cannot retrieve authentication info.
> Sorry.

The su command uses the file /etc/pam.d/su. Here is mine:

  -------------- /etc/pam.d/su ---------------------------------------
  auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
  auth       required     /lib/security/pam_unix_auth.so use_first_pass
  account    sufficient    /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
  account    required     /lib/security/pam_unix_acct.so
  password   required     /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so
  password   sufficient   /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
  password   required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so use_first_pass
  session    required     /lib/security/pam_unix_session.so

You're welcome     ;)

Matthieu Turpault