Re: User account policies

I am not trying pam_ldap sort of things. I want to authenticate
> freeRadius, Squid and Domino R6 users with LDAP, thereby giving
> them the benefit of a single username password combination for
> any of the services.

Uhh... then you are trying pam_ldap sort of things. I don't know about Lotus Domino, but freeRadius and Squid both support PAM authentication. So you can do the things you want by puting pam_ldap in their PAM stacks.

I use pam_ldap for precisely this stuff: to give users the benefit of a single username password combination for a large number of services.