dumping the directory

I would like to dump the entire contents of my directory to a LDIF file.  I
try to do the following:

ldapsearch -x -W -D "<binddn>" "(objectclass=*)" > dump.ldif

and I only get a few entries.  They seem to be only newly added or modified
entries.  I am using this for authentication on my Linux box and I am
running the nscd caching service.  I'm wondering if that has something to do
with it.  I have shutdown nscd and attempted to do the search again but got
only a few entries again.  I am also using caching within the slapd.conf but
I am caching the whole directory.

# Caching Options
cachesize 600
dbcachesize 700000

Is there another way to dump the entire directory to an ldif file?

thanks,

Aaron