Re: birthdate attribute

> Watch out for performance problems with Evo queries. The last version
> I tested defaulted to sending massive 'OR' queries asking for
> substring matches on about 50 (!) attributes. This completely defeats
> any query optimisation you might try to do with indexes. On a
> directory with any non-trivial amount of data, this will result in
> heavy CPU load and probably memory thrashing as well.

In as much as I'm running syslog debug tail -f logging while
acclimatising, I'd noticed it.

However, the primary question at the moment is: "How do you get rid of
Microsoft Exchange?" For that matter, the whole of Evolution is about as
fast as a snail travelling up a wall.

The world is still young, we have 600 million years to go to Armageddon
(or as I prefer it, Ragnarokk) and people are still busy inventing the
wheel.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:	http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:	(+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:		(+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981